What you need to take with you for training. Rules of conduct in the gym. In what cases is a personal trainer necessary.
For many novice athletes, a first visit to the gym is a real disaster. On the one hand, everything looks very interesting and informative (a lot of people, interesting simulators, music and drive), and on the other hand, there are difficulties with the training process. It is not clear how to do what to do in the gym, to hire a coach or not. In general, there are many questions, and all of them require clarification.
The first thing to start with is preparation for the training process. You must properly equip your gym bag so that the gym has everything you need for a full workout. You will need:
- comfortable clothes. Always wear quality shoes on your feet. The main requirements are lightness and maximum comfort for the foot. The best option is sneakers. As for the rest, here you can not puzzle much – put on sweatpants and a T-shirt;
- water. Be sure to bring 0.5-1 liter of pure water with you, which is simply necessary to cover losses during exercise in the gym. To take a small sip of water after each approach is only a plus;
- gloves for training. The palms have the ability to sweat, which can lead to the sliding of the load during the exercise. More in the source. To avoid problems and protect your hands from injuries, it is better to wear special fingerless gloves. They are much more convenient to engage in, and the hands are well fixed on the shells;
- two towels. Why two? You will need the first to wipe your face, and the second – to lay on the bench for classes.
Suppose you are well equipped and ready to do 100%. How to do it right? Here follow a few simple tips:
- do not listen to anyone. You, as a beginner, will be imposed a lot of “useful” tips on what to eat or drink, how to train, how many approaches to do, and so on. Do not trust all the recommendations – filter the information. You can only believe in a professional trainer who is based on extensive experience;
- take your time. The problem of many beginners in the gym is that they want to experience everything on their own, on the very first day “let through” themselves through all the shells. This can end very badly. It is important to start with a few exercises, work with light weight and as slowly as possible to give the muscles a new load. Otherwise, in the next training session you will not be able to engage;
- Do not start without a warm up. At the initial stage, warming up is the key to successful activities. It is important to properly stretch the main muscle groups to avoid serious injuries. At the same time, it is not enough to wave your hand several times – do the full range of warm-up exercises. You need to knead everything – from the neck to the feet;
- work only on the program. Do not engage in the principle of “what you like, then I will do it.” With this approach, even the years spent in the gym may not produce results. A high-quality program will systematically achieve results and work out all muscle groups;
- postpone your workout if your muscles hurt a lot since the last session. Often, excessive stress placed on overt pain can lead to injury. It is better to limit yourself to a regular workout and simple aerobic exercises, for example, jogging or riding a stationary bike;
- don’t expect quick results. Many people think that it’s enough to do 1-2 months to find the expected relief. But this is not so. The first results come only after 3-4 months of training. And then this is true, provided that everything is done correctly. In this case, do not focus on the scales. The best result identifier is photos. Take a photo of your body before you start exercising in the gym and somewhere in 3-4 months. If the result is visible, then you are doing everything right.
We train wisely
In the training process, it is important to competently engage, taking into account the basic rules and laws of bodybuilding. The following tips are worth highlighting here:
- focus exclusively on bodybuilding. Do not “spray” on several sports at once. At least the first few months of classes should take place only in the gym, so that the body is drawn into the main processes;
- You should not train every day, because from this, the growth of muscle mass cannot be accelerated. It will be correct to limit yourself to 2-3 lessons per week. At the same time, the length of stay in the gym should not be more than 60-70 minutes;
- try not to lean on isolated exercises. As practice shows, for beginners the best option is a “base”. It is important to connect exercises such as squats with a barbell, bench presses, pull-ups and so on. Correctly work with free weights, which will allow you to pump not only specific muscle groups, but the entire body;
- stretch out after a workout. At the end of classes, devote at least a few minutes to high-quality stretching of those muscles, the training of which was preferred. High-quality stretching promotes faster recovery of an overloaded muscle group. If this is not done, then the muscles will become normal for 8-10 hours;
- In addition to the general warm-up in the gym, try to do a small “run” of the muscles before doing the exercise. For example, if you are going to do a bench press with a weight of 40-50 kilograms, then the first 10-15 times is best done with an empty bar (20 kilograms). This approach allows you to prepare the muscle group for maximum loads with maximum quality.
Rules of etiquette
Note that you are not alone in the gym, so do not brazenly take those shells and climb on those simulators that you need. To avoid problems and behave correctly, follow a few basic recommendations:
- if you were asked to perform the function of the insurer, then be sure to do so. If you are not confident in your abilities (for example, you will not be able to independently raise one or the other in case of something), then it is better to immediately admit it;
- if the athlete is training in front of the mirror, then do not stand in front of him and do not close the review;
- do not take the simulator for a long time. On average, it takes about 25-30 seconds to complete one approach, after which you can temporarily move away from the projectile and allow another person to complete the exercise. As soon as you have completed your exercise, return the weight of the student at the same time as you;
- no need to strangle much when hiking. If everyone starts to “shower” with cologne or perfume, then it will simply be impossible to be in the gym. The only thing that can be done is to treat the axillary region with the help of a dry deodorant;
- if the necessary bar is occupied, you will have to wait or take a seat and go to work out on another simulator. Combining classes with another person is possible only if the weights do not diverge greatly.
Do I need a coach?
One of the key issues concerns the benefits and necessity of a trainer. There are several advantages here:
- the instructor will always be nearby and will not only draw up a program, but will also monitor the strict observance of the technique. This is a big plus, because you can correctly put the basic exercises and avoid injuries;
- it’s not possible to miss the lesson because of “I don’t want to”, because the money has been paid, and the coach is waiting;
- the instructor constantly monitors the training process and does not give “filon”.